Spinal Manipulation Therapy
Spinal Manipulation Therapy is often used to treat back, neck, shoulder, and headache pain. All of our doctors have certification in Spinal Manipulative Therapy with a focus on High-Velocity Low Amplitude Thrust (HVLA). The aim of HVLA thrust techniques is to achieve joint cavitation that is accompanied by a ‘popping’ or ‘cracking’ sound due to a drop in the internal pressure of the joint being manipulated which leads to immediate improvements in range of motion.
A systematic review of research studies comparing complementary therapies for non-specific back pain concluded that spinal manipulation has significant benefits for acute and chronic low back pain and that the risks of lumbar manipulation are very low.
Spinal Manipulation Benefits
- Pain Relief: Spinal manipulation physical therapy can help reduce pain and discomfort in the neck, back, and other areas of the body by restoring proper joint and muscle function.
- Improved Range of Motion: By improving joint mobility and reducing muscle tension, spinal manipulation physical therapy can help improve range of motion and flexibility.
- Reduced Inflammation: Spinal manipulation physical therapy may help reduce inflammation in the body, which can contribute to pain and other health problems.
- Improved Posture: Poor posture can contribute to a range of health problems, including back pain and headaches. Spinal manipulation physical therapy can help improve posture by restoring proper alignment of the spine.
- Enhanced Overall Wellness: Spinal manipulation physical therapy can help improve overall wellness by promoting proper circulation, reducing stress, and enhancing the body’s natural healing mechanisms.