Sports Physical Examinations
Sports physicals with physicians are common with school and collegiate-age athletes. These overly simplified screens are unable to detect underlying biomechanical issues that may lead to injuries or poor performance in the future.
We at Fox physical Therapy believe in providing a holistic approach and will take the athlete(s) through a full body examination to identify any deficits or muscle imbalances that may cause future dysfunction or injury. Our doctors will then write up a plan of care based on subjective and objective data findings.
We will provide information to the individual, coach, and/or parent so they can clearly understand of the athlete’s true current overall health in relation to athletic performance. This proactive approach to injury is supported by extensive research and is encouraged for any athlete participating in sports. It can and should be performed before, during, and after a season.
Sports Physicals Benefits
- Comprehensive Evaluation: Our team of experts comprehensively evaluates your overall health and physical condition, including identifying any pre-existing conditions that could put you at risk for injury.
- Injury Prevention: By identifying areas of weakness or potential injury, we can create a personalized plan to help you prevent injury and stay at the top of your game.
- Performance Enhancement: We provide specific recommendations and guidance on enhancing your performance based on your needs and goals.
- Peace of Mind: A sports physical from Fox Physical Therapy can give you peace of mind knowing that you are in the good physical condition and prepared to participate in athletic activities safely.
- Timely Care: If an issue is identified during your sports physical, our team can provide timely care to address it before it becomes more significant and disrupts your athletic pursuits.