Physical Therapist serving patients in Miami, and Boca Raton, Florida.
At Fox Physical Therapy, we can help patients quickly restore function to the body and reduce pain following an injury, surgery, or those suffering from a chronic medical condition. We utilize a variety of physical therapy treatments, exercises, hands-on techniques, and the latest technology and exercise equipment to assist in the rehabilitation process. At our modern offices, you will only be seen by a Doctor of Physical Therapy– Guaranteed!
Physical Therapy Techniques
- Soft Tissue Massage/Mobilization – utilized to release tight or spasmed muscles.
- Joint Mobilization – used to restore the proper movements within joints; to unlock a joint that may be unable to move.
- Spinal Mobilization – specific mobilization techniques for the vertebrae of the spine which are used to restore proper motion between spinal segments.
- Muscle Energy Techniques – a form of soft tissue mobilization which is a direct and active technique, meaning it engages a restrictive muscular barrier and requires the patient’s participation for maximal effect; most commonly used to lengthen muscular tissue.
- Myofascial Release – used to treat chronic pain; technique involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the myofascial connective tissue.
- Manual Traction – clinician uses their hands to apply traction force on the spine, creating a negative pressure gradient on the intervertebral disc; used to help herniated discs and degenerative disc disease.
- Dynamic/Static Stretching – all forms of stretching from PNF to static (hold) stretching to the soft tissue and muscles of the body.
- Taping Techniques – utilizing tape to reposition bones or soft tissue putting structures on slack, support a pain-free structural position, or to position joints in proper alignment.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization – handheld tools created to increase blood flow and break up restrictions deep inside injured soft tissue.
- AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill – anti-gravity treadmill that gives patients the ability to run and walk without bearing their entire weight, reducing the impact on the body to optimize rehabilitation and physical therapy outcomes.
- Normatec Pulse Recovery System – dynamic compression devices designed for recovery and rehab that can help athletes recover faster between training and after a performance.