Physical Therapy Miami
Fox Physical Therapy can help patients quickly restore function to the body and reduce pain following an injury, accident, or those suffering from a chronic medical condition. We utilize a variety of treatments, physical exercises, hands-on techniques, and the latest technology to aid in the rehabilitation process. These skills may include:
Physical Therapy Techniques
- Soft Tissue Massage/Mobilization – utilized to release tight or spasmed muscles.
- Joint Mobilization – used to restore the proper movements within joints; to unlock a joint that may be unable to move.
- Spinal Mobilization – specific mobilization techniques for the vertebrae of the spine which are used to restore proper motion between spinal segments.
- Muscle Energy Techniques – a form of soft tissue mobilization which is a direct and active technique, meaning it engages a restrictive muscular barrier and requires the patient’s participation for maximal effect; most commonly used to lengthen muscular tissue.
- Myofascial Release – used to treat chronic pain; technique involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the myofascial connective tissue.
- Manual Traction – clinician uses their hands to apply traction force on the spine, creating a negative pressure gradient on the intervertebral disc; used to help herniated discs and degenerative disc disease.
- Dynamic/Static Stretching – all forms of stretching from PNF to static (hold) stretching to the soft tissue and muscles of the body.
- Taping Techniques – utilizing tape to reposition bones or soft tissue putting structures on slack, support a pain-free structural position, or to position joints in proper alignment.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization – handheld tools created to increase blood flow and break up restrictions deep inside injured soft tissue.
- AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill – anti-gravity treadmill that gives patients the ability to run and walk without bearing their entire weight, reducing the impact on the body to optimize rehabilitation and physical therapy outcomes.
- Normatec Pulse Recovery System – dynamic compression devices designed for recovery and rehab that can help athletes recover faster between training and after a performance.